.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I've MOVED!!
YOU CAN FIND ME AT:
MY NEW BLOG: LEGIT LOVE, SEE YOU THERE
..........................................................................................................

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Point of This Blog

       My name is Emma. I love Jesus Christ! I am also an entertainment enthusiast: TV, movies, books and even commercials. As I enjoy my hobby, sometimes a similarity to a Biblical truth will come to mind and vice versa. Comparing Biblical truths with entertainment helps me understand and remember them.  God's truth is the important part, the movie scene or book plotline is incidental and just plain fun. The principle is the same as playing the "Bible Version" of a popular board game. 
       Once I started making these connections, I found myself doing it more and more. Suddenly I was focusing on God while doing something as frivolous as watching tv. And that's exactly how it should be.  Being a follower of Jesus is not supposed to be one part of you. It's who you are. So it makes perfect sense that I should use my fun hobby to help me grow closer to my favorite person, Savior and Lord: Jesus! 
       Please understand that nothing can replace prayer and studying God's Word and that these thoughts are just meant to be helpful and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment