.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I've MOVED!!
YOU CAN FIND ME AT:
MY NEW BLOG: LEGIT LOVE, SEE YOU THERE
..........................................................................................................

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Confidence

     Remember that song from The Sound of Music? Maria sings "I Have Confidence" when she faces the challenge of becoming governess to the seven children of the stern widower, Captain Von Trapp.  Maria had confidence in sunshine, rain, in confidence alone and in herself.

     Confidence is a popular subject.  It's all over magazine covers and TV commercials.  But will having clear skin or good insurance really make you confident?  And even if it does, is that the kind of confidence you need?  What happens if you have a pre-existing condition or wake up with a pimple?

     The Bible talks a lot about confidence and how to get it.  But it doesn't tell you to get "confidence in me".  The problem with "confidence in me" is that me isn't always beautiful, healthy and wise.  And if "me" pretends to be, then "me" is an egotistical jerk.

     God wants our main confidence to be in Him.  "But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence." Jeremiah 17:7 NLT

     This makes perfect sense because, unlike me, God is always beautiful, healthy and wise!  And so much more!  All-knowing, all-powerful, everywhere present, completely just, completely loving...  Totally trustworthy. "Trust in the Lord forever, For in YAH, the Lord, is everlasting strength" Isaiah 26:4 NKJV

     And if we accept His gift of forgiveness, God guarantees that we will spend eternity in Heaven with Him.  If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, you're His.  He promises that He is always with you and that everything that happens to you, whether happy or sad, is for your good.  "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." Romans 8:28 NLT

"In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me? Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me." Psalm 118:5-7

   He says you are cherished, protected and headed for Heaven.  And because He is one hundred percent trustworthy and Truth itself, we can have perfect, bold, passionate CONFIDENCE!

"But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation."    
1 Thessalonians 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment